So much has happened since my last blog update over 3 years ago.
- Started looking for a house again and found one shortly after.
- Jenna and I became homeowners (or at least will be in 30 years).
- Moved in to home.
- Got Married!
- Honeymoon in Hawaii.
- Had a septoplasty that was supposed to make breathing out of my nose easier, but actually made things worse and caused some permanent damage.
- Met a group of lifelong friends at church and started a bible study.
- Started a low-carb diet.
- Adopted a 8 week old beagle-dachshund and named him Linus (after both Linus Torvalds, and Linus from Peanuts/Charlie Brown)
- Stopped low-carb diet.
- Started learning how to golf.
- Visited Las Vegas for the first time being an adult.
- Had a weekend get-away with Jenna’s family to a local casino resort and spa.
- Celebrated 1 year anniversary at a spa – yes, I like to be pampered.
- Went to New York for work and brought along Jenna. Ended up getting caught in Hurricane Sandy and stayed almost a week longer than we had planned. It challenged Jenna and myself in many ways and is something we will never forget.
- Did the Color Run 5k in San Diego
- Went to Las Vegas again with Jenna.
- Traveled to India for work, met a lot of new friends. Was also 9000 miles from Jenna which was really tough.
- Changed positions at my work from what I had been since I started to a new job that I was fortunate enough to create.
- Went on a quick weekend get-away with Jenna to Palm Springs.
- Went beach camping with Jenna.
- With about 6 days notice, I went to India again.
- Went on a weekend get-away with the Bible Study group to a resort in Carlsbad. Went paddle boarding too!
- Went to New York again for work and brought along Jenna and my sister-in-law Devon. No hurricanes this time, and the hotel we stayed at (which we stayed at the year before), upgraded us and were super nice. They even made us a card!
- Took two weeks off work for the first time since the honeymoon. I was sick for most of the time off, but I was able to rest and do some things around the house, including doubling the closet space in our bedroom closet which made Jenna really happy.
- Planning next trip to India – leaving on February 8th and coming back on the 20th.
- Signed up for the Disneyland Half Marathon (Last Sunday in August).
That pretty much sums it up. I’m sure I missed a lot of stuff. Most of you already know everything anyway.
Jenna and I have been trying to have kids since just a few months after we got married, but have had some difficulties. There’s a pretty big chance that the reasons why we haven’t been able to may be on my end. We’re going to be doing some tests when I get back from India and will start seeing specialists to see what our options are.
Last year I decided that I wanted to do a half-marathon, and I wanted the Disneyland one to be the first one I did. Unfortunately, it sells out pretty quick so I had to wait until this year to sign up. This year it sold out in a few hours. I was glad that I remembered to sign up. Since giving up the diet, I’ve gained a lot of the weight back (not all of it, but the majority of it). I want to get overall in shape and I think training for the half-marathon is a good motivation for me. There’s a nice little dirt path in our neighborhood which will be perfect for training. I’m going to begin running on Friday or Saturday, even though official training for the half-marathon isn’t starting until late-April.
I’ll try and blog more often and share whatever is on my thoughts. Consider that a warning.